Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Consumerism: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
Transcript of Consumerism: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
Consumerism is good because the economy could not survive without it, therefore making for better welfare amoungst the general population, who also benefit from the jobs and the warm glow of purchasing a shiny new toy. ...The Bad... The bad side to consumerism is the debt, the pressure and the desire to buy, buy, buy.
Because of consumerism people feel pressured to buy what everybody else has so that they are not a society outlaw, but when its to late they realise that they really couldn't afford that new i-Phone 5 and they get into debt and it starts to spiral out of control. ...And the ugly The ugly side of consumerism is the child labour, the slave labour and horrendous working conditions.
Consumerism is the reason for the under-payed adults and young children working horrific hours in appalling work conditions for barley enough money to feed themselves and their families. By Madison Mcvie