Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Geography: Cabbagetown and Regent Park presentation
Transcript of Geography: Cabbagetown and Regent Park presentation
Today Cabbagetown, a neighborhood bounded by Welleslley Street and Gerrard Street with many preserved Victorian houses, is one of the nicest communities in Toronto. It is a family friendly area with parks, schools, local buisnesses, and other community spaces. In the beginning, the government expected Regent Park to be a safe and welcoming community for immigrants. People were happy to have their own home at a price that they could afford.
Unlike what the government expected the area to be, Regent Park became a crime filled area that looks sketchy. Cabbagetown Old Regent Park - Victorian style
- Nicely painted - Old
- Worn out
- Vandalized Cabbagetown - Large parks
- Nice gardens
- Many trees Old Regent Park - Small vegetable gardens
- Unmaintained grass with weeds
- Few trees Cabbagetown - Schools
- Riverdale farm
- Kiwanis center Old Regent Park - Social services Advantages - New community centres and
olympic sized pool
- New condos and townhouses that are affordable
- Near by grocery stores, banks, fitness centre and parks Disadvantages - Costs the city a lot of money
- Might not work
- People who make a high income might not want to live there Our Opinion On New Regent Park Our opinion is that New Regent Park will work because we think that the friendly high income people will give advice to the people with a low income. Another reason is that people with a low income will see the people with good jobs and will want to be successful like them. We also think the violence in Regent Park will go away because the area is more open