Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
DAY 2: Chinese Achievements and Inventions
Transcript of DAY 2: Chinese Achievements and Inventions
Directions: 1) With your table, discuss whether each statement sounds like a
2) Then, label each statement "counter-claim" or "not a counter-claim"
“ 'The ability to
with persons inside and outside the organization has consistently ranked in the top 4 skills employers most desire in job candidates"
SWBAT argue why one Chinese invention is more significant than the other during a
Pop Up debate
using evidence (a quote) from the readings
while using a strong, clear voice.
SWBAT recall the significance of the
while justifying their answers using
from a secondary source.
-EVERYONE will participate
-YES, this is graded!
-Yes, you will receive a zero if you don't participate.
-You may ABSOLUTELY read from your paper.
Today's Learning Objective
A. Help people find each other.
B. Help people keep order within their lives.
C. Help people navigate at sea.
WHOLE CLASS EXIT TICKET
purpose of the compass was to ______.
WHOLE CLASS EXIT TICKET #2
2. Which of the following was NOT an effect of the compass on the world?
A. It led to some of the most important sailing voyages in history.
B. People were able to travel farther than before.
The Book of the Devil Valley
master was written.
WHOLE CLASS EXIT TICKET #3
3. What is an effect of gunpowder on the world?
A. People stopped using swords in battle.
B. Europeans eventually conquered African civilizations.
C. Europeans eventually conquered Chinese civilizations.
Do Now - Wednesday, November 8, 2017
1. I agree with Vardan because....
2. Vardan said _________, but actually I found evidence to disprove him. According to the text...
3. I disagree with Vardan.
4. Vardan's argument does not make sense because...
5. I disagree with Vardan because "Gunpowder was quickly put to use against the reigning Sung Dynasty
against the Mongols"
-be in your seat by the time the bell rings
-have something productive to do by the time the bell rings!