Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
PH 121 2.5-2.7
Transcript of PH 121 2.5-2.7
bit of acceleration
What is free fall?
When something is in free fall
it has a constant acceleration.
The length or magnitude of this acceleration is
special. We therefor give it a special symbol g .
BIG NOTE HERE:
g is not negative, it is a magnitude no direction
A lead ball is dropped into a lake from a diving board 5.0 m above the water. After entering the water, it sinks to the bottom with a constant velocity equal to the velocity with which it hit the water. The ball reaches the bottom 3.0 s after it was released. How deep is the lake?
Practice, practice, practice
2: 17, 20, 31, 44, 45, 46, 47, 55
" Is there any time where a feather could fall faster than a rock?"
" How close do you have to be to the sun to start to be pulled towards it by gravity?"
"I don't understand how how on an inclined plane g is less than the acceleration instead of being greater than it."
"How do we find the acceleration of an object on an incline plane?"
"Do things really fall at the same rate?"
"What is the difference between free fall and free fall acceleration?"