Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Cost Of Living In The 1930's
Transcript of The Cost Of Living In The 1930's
was about $1970.oo
this later decreased down to nearly $1700.00 towards the end of the decade. The Expense Of Food Protein Goods (Beef, lamb.)
Lamb 17cents per lbs.
Steak 20 cents per lbs.
Eggs: 18 cents per douzen
milk: 7 -10 cents per pint
bread: 8 cents per loaf (white) Utilities and transportation Tooth Paste: 27 cents
soap: 6 cents per bar
CLIFTON Toilet Tissue: 9 cents for two rolls.
automobile: new cars averaged at about 640.00 to 700.00 converting the prices in the 1930's
to now. nickel in 1930= 67 cents
dime in 1930 = 1.33 in 2011
5.00 = 66.53
10.00 = 133.07
1000 = 13306.59 the depression and stock market crash :Effect on cost of living By: Dan The Man
Edward The Great unemployment reached 23.6% in 1932
1/4 of americans were unemployed in 1933
unemployment dropped to 2% in the 1940's