Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Transcript of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
There are three main theories on how people get OCD. GENETICS BRAIN TRAUMA OR INJURY INFECTION What are Obsessions? What is a Compulsion? AFFECTED AREA PSYCHOLOGY TREATMENT Therapy is used as treatment. Most often used is a 2-Component therapy
Exposure & Response prevention
Cognitive Therapy OVERVIEW We know is a brain anxiety disorder causing obsessions with certain things resulting in ritualistic actions (compulsions).
We know HOW it affects the brain but are not certain why...
We know the 3 main theories for WHY it's caused...
We know there are many different types of OCD, and that people most often have more than one type.
We know that the treatment for OCD is therapy. FRONTAL CORTEX
(THOUGHT CREATOR) BASAL GANGLIA
(THINKING FILTER) THALAMUS
(THOUGHT REPEATER) REPEAT GENETICS INJURY INFECTION