Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Caffeine
Defined as a drug because it stimulates the central nervous system, causing increased alertness.
Gives most people a temporary energy boost and elevates mood. CAFFEINE AFFECTS... THE BRAIN! - blocks adenosine
- blood vessels constrict Short term effects feeling more alert and active
need to urinate more frequently
rise in body temperature
increased heart rate
stimulation of the brain and nervous system. LONG TERM EFFECTS osteoporosis
high blood pressure and heart disease
depression Behavior hyper
feel alert How much caffeine should teens take... no more than 100 mg Treatments no certain treatments
suggestions: hypnosis, support groups, therapy and counseling
Health professionals advice: just cut down on caffeine