Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of The
*The purpose of the light bulb is to give light when it is dark so you can see.
*The light bulb was first used in factories where many people worked long hours.
* Today we use the light bulb in many different ways almost half of the electricity used by industry is for lighting.
* In homes, up to 25 percent of our electric bill is for lighting.
most of the light is produced by incandescent light bulbs, using the same technology developed in 1879 by Thomas Edison.
* These bulbs are surprisingly inefficient, converting up to 90 percent of the electricity they consume into heat.
* The Light Bulb was originally invented in 1878, Thomas Edison began doing series research in to devolving a practical incandescent lamp and on October 14th, 1878, Edison filed patent application for " Improvement in Electric Lights.
STEM CHART !!!!!!!!!!!
How the Light Bulb has impacted on society today
* Light bulb is in the area of energy and power in technology
* The positive impact was, the light bulb provided illumination that is as or brighter than daylight, therefore effectively extends the day for as long as a person desires. The most important impact of the light bulb is that it has made working for longer hours possible and this helps to spur industrial enhancements. It has also provided a safer environment in homes as using candles and oil based lamps are fire hazards !!!!!!!!!
* The Negative impact was that the light bulb was very expensive though and they are unpredictable as they can go off anytime these serve as disadvantage. Another impact was that the light bulb had was that it made people work longer hours which made them more tired and they wouldn't get to see their families until late at night or in the early morning.
behind the Light bulb
Light is a form of energy that can be released by an atom. It is made up of many small particle-like packets that have energy and momentum but no mass. These particles, called light photons, are the most basic units of light.
In the last few years, the newer technology of LED replacement bulbs, have become much more common. An LED is what's called a "solid-state lighting" technology, or SSL. Basically, instead of emitting light from a vacuum (as in an incandescent bulb) or a gas, an SSL emits light from a piece of solid matter. In the case of a traditional LED, that piece of matter is a semiconductor. An LED produces light when electrons move around within its semiconductor structure.
The problem with LEDs as primary lighting is that while they emit a lot of light, the structure of an LED causes some of that light to get trapped inside. So an LED bulb has traditionally been dimmer than an incandescent bulb, and most people want their lamps and ceiling fixtures to be pretty bright.
What is Light
Light energy is a form of energy that is associated with visible light.
Examples: The sun, , a lamp, or a lightbulb, they are all forms of visible light.
- How to Calculate Kilowatts Used by Light Bulbs
1. Locate the wattage rating of the bulb (60 watts is a typical rating)
2. Divide the wattage by 1000. This will convert the rating from watts to kilowatts.
3. Multiply your result by the number of hours the bulb is on. (use 168 for one week, 24 hours for one day, etc.) You now know how many kilowatt hours of electricity your bulb uses.
Information on the Light Bulb
Innovations to the Light Bulb
Thomas Edison's Quote:
" Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
The Light Bulb
By: Sydney Smith