Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
FindAMasters Scholarship 2015 by Jaccaidi Dyer
Transcript of FindAMasters Scholarship 2015 by Jaccaidi Dyer
Friday, 28 August 2015
Vol XCIII, No. 311
War! Nuclear Arms! Weapons of Mass Destruction! Sovereignty!
Our World Times
Finding new ways to study international politics
Listening to those who go Unheard
This approach seeks to deconstruct and question the political status-quo!
It's about working together and interacting in the global network to tackle problems
International Relations is a means to affect real change!
Bringing an End to Impunity
Women Surviving Conflict Spaces...What we're not doing?
- My research will be addressing a transnational problem that has little scholarship and global attention
- Using critical theory approaches - such as postcolonial feminist theory - to understand the patterns behind these crimes
- Taking an interdisciplinary approach to this complex problem
Women in Politics
10 Women have served as Heads of State
Only 22 per cent of all national parliamentarians are women
Women and Sexual Violence
1 in 3 women have experienced sexual violence
120 million girls worldwide have experienced sexual assault in their lives
133 million girls and women have experienced female genital mutilation
Women and Conflic
100,000 - 250,000 women were raped during the three months of genocide in Rwanda
40% of Child Soldiers are girls, yet only 5% receive support adjusting back to society in Disarmament, Demobilisation and Reintegration programmes
The Facts and Figures
Communities worldwide demand better global living conditions
FindAMasters Scholarship Application
All nations sign and ratify the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women
...see page 3
...see page 5
Number of Black Female Professors in the UK increases drastically from 17
...see page 2
Hi! Welcome to 'Our World Times' newspaper
Before exploring, please select 4 seconds in the settings below, then click the flashing arrow and let's begin :)