Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Food and Meals
Transcript of Food and Meals
By: Hannah W. and Robert U. what is ahisma? How does it affect Hindu diets?
Ahisma is a belief that a person must not use [her]
God-given body for killing God's creatures.
Ahisma affects Hindu diets by stating that people should not eat meat, particulary beef. Some common Indian dishes:
aloo gobi- a curry dish made from cauliflower and potatos
many different currys practices that Hindus preform before eating:
Hindus will often say a prayer called Bhojana
The diner chants, or sings, thanks to God for the food. Then she puts water in her right hand and drops the water to the ground. then she puts some more water in her right hand and sprinkles the food to purify it. How Hindus eat their meals:
They sit around a low table or a blanket placed on the floor.
they typically eat with their hands, using the right hand
to eat and their left hand to pick up their drinking glass to serve