Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Amie Pitts-W7
Music of India
Traditional Music Instruments
Where is India?
India is a country located in Southern Asia
The highest mountain in India is the Kangchenjunga
The largest lake is Chilka Lake
Capital: New Delhi
The traditional Indian music has a single melody. It also has different warm ups then we do, we have Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do, while they have Sa Ri Ga Ma Pa Da Ni Sa. Lastly, Indian music has to do with dancing most of the time, they create music that people can dance to.
a little cheerful, has a lot of beat, and opra-ish
Musicians From India
July 27, 1931 (age 82), India
September 5, 1974
Abdul Karim Khan
November 11, 1872
in Kairana,Uttar Pradesh
October 27, 1937
Live Music can be heard in...
Nandan and Rabindra Sadan Cultural Center
Function of Music
In India some muscicians make music to go with a dance that they perform in ceremonies. Also, they are raised to dance to music that they feel happy or proud about. Indians like to dance to any kind of music if it has a drum beat.
In conclusion, India has different customs and traditions towards music.
Traditional Indian Music