Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Japanese Language
Vitor Abrantes Hiragana Alphabet Kanji There's, suposedly, over 100000 kanji in the japanese language, but only around 13000 can be considered stantard of using, and only 1850 of these are used more commonly.
They come from the chinese Kanjis, which are the same.
It litterally means "Chinese Writing". History - It's believed that the japanese language origins come from the continental Asia or from Pacific Islands (or from both), sometime around the 2nd century BCE, when the settlers came to the archipelago.
- The old japanese began with the spread of the Budhism, which came from China, that's why there are some resemblances in the grammar. They used chinese characters to represent japanese words. It finished around 794 CE.
- From 794 to 1185, it had the called "Early Middle Japanese", which had many influences from chinese in it's phonology.
- During the Late Middle English (1185 - 1600) the japanese language started getting loan words from Europe, like Pan (bread), which came from portuguese (pão).
- Since the Edo Period (1600 - 1868) the japanese spoken is called Modern Japanese. At the Edo Period, the government moved to Tokio, so the "standard" japanese became the Tokyo dialect. Also, it got more english loan words, like kamera (camera). Curiosities Bibliography -http://linguistics.byu.edu/classes/ling450ch/reports/japanese.htm
-Class materials from Aliança Cultural Brasil-Japão