Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Round and Flat Characters
Transcript of Round and Flat Characters
- Usually the main character
- Develops throughout the story
- Well developed and seems to be real
- We see many sides to a Round
Spider-man is a Round Character
We see him as a Nerd
We see him as Romantic
And we see him as a fearless, brave hero.
- Usually the supporting character. Often
antagonist is a flat character.
- Not as complex or detailed as a round
- We usually only see one side to this character.
Cato from The Hunger Games is a flat Character.
We only see him as a ruthless killer.
Voldemort is flat.
We only see his evil side.
Darth Maul is Flat
We only see the Dark Side in him.
Name some flat characters.
- Under goes an important change in the story.
- Usually is the Protagonist of the story.
Not only is Batman a dynamic character because he changes from a billionaire playboy to a hero, but Spider-man, who we saw as a round character, is also dynamic. A lot of times a Round character is also a Dynamic Character and vice-versa.
Spider-man starts out as a shy, nerdy student.
To someone who abuses and struggles with his powers.
And then changes to the hero we all know and love.
It is important to note that all dynamic changes in characters may not be good.
- Character does not undergo any change
- Remains the same throughout.
- Static characters are usually bad
(antagonist). However, they can
The Joker is Static. He is a homicidal manic to the end. Notice the Joker is also flat. Often, flat and static characters go hand in hand.
The Emperor is Static
President Snow is Static
- Previously, we discussed how setting affects characters.
- What role does setting play in making round and flat characters?
- What role does setting play in making dynamic and static characters?
Types of Characters
Round vs. Flat
Dynamic vs. Static
Like Darth Vader, Two-Face from Batman changed from good...
Round, Flat, Dynamic, and Static Characters
And we see him as funny