Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Mental Disorder Presentation
Transcript of Mental Disorder Presentation
Mental Disorder? -A mental disorder is a psychological disorder -Displayed through thought or emotion Eating Disorders Anyone can suffer from eating disorders They are not hereditary Anorexia Over exercising, under eating Bulimia Regurgitating Phobias An extreme or irrational fear Arachnophobia Claustrophobia 530 in total Fear of Spiders Fear of tight spaces Germophobia Fear of bacteria/germs Not biologically programmed, developed after birth Phobias are curable Bipolar Disorder and Depression Depression is a mood disorder Feelings of sadness, loss, anger, or frustration The most common mental disorder affecting 10% of the American population Bipolar Disorder Individuals with bipolar disorder experience episodes of a frenzied state known as mania (happiness), typically alternating with episodes of depression. Not curable. 10% die due to suicide. OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) An anxiety disorder Unwanted or repetitive thoughts (obsessions) Behaviors and rituals (compulsions) Hand washing Touching objects Harm Contamination, losing control, sexual thoughts Tourettes Severe OCD + other Prevalence of ticks Neurological disorder Repetitive, stereotyped, involuntary Movement and vocalizations Worsened by excitement and anxiety Simple or complex (classified by motor groups) Does not affect intelligence or cognition Not treatable Schizophrenia Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that makes it hard to tell the difference between what is real and not real and to think clearly. - Social withdrawal
- Depersonalization (intense anxiety and a feeling of being unreal)
- Loss of appetite- Loss of hygiene- Delusions- Hallucinations (hearing or seeing things that aren't there)- The sense of being controlled by outside forces Believed to be the result of a genetic predisposition combined with an environmental exposures and/or stresses during pregnancy or childhood that contribute to, or trigger, the disorder. - Hearing voices
- Feeling under constant surveillance
- Making up words without a meaning. Positive symptoms Negative symptoms -Most can be treated Multiple Personality Disorder Psychosis Psychosis: being out of touch with reality.
- One can experience delusions or prominent hallucinations.
- People with psychosis are not aware that what they are experiencing or some of the things that they believe are not real.
- Psychosis is a prominent feature of schizophrenia but is NOT unique to this illness.