Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Finding the "Leader in Me"
Transcript of Finding the "Leader in Me"
By Brian Hambidge and Sarah Waite
What is the Leader in Me?
The Leader in Me is a leadership system that can transform your school. It will impact every phase of your school including the very culture of your school.
If applied to your school it has the power to:
-Reduced discipline problems
-Highly Engage staff
-Immensely Satisfy parents
The 7 Habits
Whats in the box
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Book
- Skill cards
- 7 habits Practice Cards
- The 7 Habits of Happy Kids by Sean Covey for Elementary Schools
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey for Middle Schools
- Student copies of leader in me for each student
- Teacher copies of leader in me for staff
REASONS for having the habits
The order for these habits are vital. You must have strong roots and commitment for these Habits to work.
All of these habits work together to create a bond between the students and the teachers.
After learning the 7 habits, the next step is getting students involved!
What The Leader in Me Looks Like at Union County Middle School
- A Habit of the week
- Bi-weekly sharpen the saw time for all students
"We are all leaders. At our school, leadership is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching."
-Weekly lessons on the Habit of the week
- Student led councils
No real blueprint to start from.
Time needs to be set aside to decorate a building.
Works best if the whole district is committed.
When developing a leader in me school, students are part of the decision making process.
Students take on leaderships roles in each class and throughout the school.
Things that West Jessamine Middle School would Like to Adapt
- Leader of the Month
- Student Leadership Council (Known at UCMS as the Student Lighthouse Team)
- Better understanding of the 7 habits and the Leader in me Lifestyle for staff and administration
-WJMS is looking for a way to empower students and staff. We want to create students that are responsible , have a love of learning and goals for the future!
The staff at Union County Middle School was asked:
What would you have liked to have known going into this process?
This is what they said:
"The first three habits are key!"
"Both teachers and students need to follow the habits in order for everyone to succeed."
"Think how to incorporate it into the curriculum "
"More ways to implement at an 8th grade level"
"More information on how to get the staff more involved with it"
"Days to allow the school to work together to plan for implementation with the facilitator there to provide input/guidance"
First Things First
Students and teachers start the Leader in Me process by first learning and eventually living the 7 habits.
Last year, Union County Middle School decided to become a Leader in Me school!
The Leader in Me Program accommodates
diverse learners by:
*Providing students with the resources, support and environment to be the very best that they can be!
*Giving students life long "habits" that they can apply to their school and personal lives.
*Guiding students on the journey of life long learning and providing them with the tools to be happy, healthy, and successful!
*Teaching students to become leaders!