Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Classroom Management
Responsible Decision Making
Using the 4 Cs to Engage Students
What does managing a classroom mean to you?
Think of 4 four words that describe how you FEEL at this moment in time.
Draw into a circle - have students take each section (1/4) and turn it into a paragraph.
Make a list of things you do to get to know your students and then communicate with them.
So much to think about:
1. the importance of physical and social interactions in brain research,
2. physical engagement/movement
3. safe environments
4. pairing - student aspect of classroom activities.
Focus on Leaner Centered Classrooms - the teacher models, pairs/groups/alone, teacher provides feedback, students have choices, self-reflection.
Have a come Back Protocol explain and model this.
Benefits of Cooperative Learning:
learners actively participate;
teachers become learners at times, and learners sometimes teach;
respect is given to every member;
projects and questions interest and challenge students;
diversity is celebrated, and all contributions are valued;
students learn skills for resolving conflicts when they arise;
members draw upon their past experience and knowledge;
goals are clearly identified and used as a guide;
research tools such as Internet access are made available;
students are invested in their own learning.
In order to create an environment in which collaborative & cooperative learning can take place, three things are necessary.
1. Students need to feel safe, but also challenged.
2. Groups need to be small enough that everyone can contribute.
3. The task students work together on must be clearly defined.
How Do You Feel Right Now?
Introduce yourself by saying:
Hi! __________My name is ________
This will require different methods of assessment.
CRITICAL THINKING AND PROBLEM SOLVING
Use Systems Thinking
Make Judgments and Decisions
Make Judgment and Decisions
Use Systems Thinking
Cooperating means working with someone in the sense of enabling: making them more able to do something.
Collaborating means actually working alongside someone (from Latin laborare: to work) to achieve something.
So in terms of helping achieve something, the ordering is something like:
then passive indifference
Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing
in the 21st Century
BREAK IT DOWN
DRAW THE MAP
CALL AND RESPONSE
TAKE A STAND
NO OPT OUT
RIGHT IS RIGHT
Thank you !!