Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of InfoSec basics
- Don't click stuff
- Take a moment
- What country are you from .cn
- a link and nothing else Java Exploits...
Don't accept Java applets you don't expect
Patch your system
McAfee Site Advisor Keep me posted ----
General News @SecMash
http://threatpost.com How big is CyberCrime
Most estimates are around $114 billion per year.
That's more that the global market for cocaine, marijuana, and heroin combined.
In comparison, The NFL is a 10 billion dollar a year industry. How much does it cost us? This is cool... how can I read more and keep up. Your password sucks...
Use a password manager
Just assume it will be compromised
Change them often
Make them complex How easy is it to exploit a Computer
A quick video .... Metasploit toolkit demo SET toolkit demo Found a USB drive...
Don't trust it Social Engineering Phone scams
There has been an increase in attacks that start with a phone call
Vendors who want you to open an email
Microsoft will not call your house... I promise. Who's this guy...
Mike MacKenna, Network Administrator
Started at RI in 2002 as Tech
Promoted to Network Admin around 2007
Manage all the servers and networking stuff
The paranoid guy at the department meetings More Questions?
Twitter: @mpmackenna 1. password
15. master 16. 123123
25. password1 25 worst passwords of 2012, CNN USB drives are a common way to compromise
USB drives are so cheap that miscreants will load
them with malware and leave them lying around. What are they after? $$$$$ But money is traceable....
Well not really....
Cross borders to countries that don't play well with US
Use untraceable currencies...
Launder money online
Cover their tracks... Tor... VPN... The ideas, concepts, and tools used by rookie kids and sophisticated hackers are the same.
The difference is the level of sophistication in how it is executed and to what end.