Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
WELCOME TO WORLD CORP.
Transcript of WELCOME TO WORLD CORP.
Were used to make coolants, capacitors, and electric motors around the world until we found out they were toxic ! (~1970)
*1965-1974 10,000 Tons of PCB were made in China alone.
* Large quantities enter the environment through leakage, disposal, and evaporation.
* 70 % of the world's electronic waste (e-waste) has been sent to China.
*About 85% of the US e-waste makes it to Asia 90% to China due to cheaper labor and less harsh environmental rules.
* Burning and disposal is uncontrolled, potentially harming residents and workers. Experimental Throughout the years, we have grown exponentially to become one of the largest leading companies worldwide.
To meet the challenges put before us, we must meet our customer’s needs on a global scale. That requires a strong understanding of global business practices and expectations. Fundamental Principles Our ethical expectations begin with the basic principles that the professional will...
Use knowledge and skills for the enhancement of human welfare.
Be honest and impartial, serving with fidelity the public, their employers, and clients.
Hold paramount the safety, health, and welfare of the public in the performance of professional duties.
Strive to increase the competence and prestige of the profession. Agreement As a participant in this company you will be expected to know and adhere to these ethical standards in both your professional and personal lives.
"I accept these obligations as a personal responsibility and as an employee of this company, I shall actively discharge these obligations and I dedicate myself to that end" Use knowledge and skills for the enhancement of human welfare As a company, we strive to use our skills and make a better world for everyone
Only undertake assignments when qualified by education or experience in the specific fields involved Hold paramount the safety, health, and welfare of the public in the performance of professional duties. Background
* In China alone 4 million PCBs are discarded annualy (from US, China, Russia, and Western Europe) With that in mind, it goes without saying that we house numerous employees in a variety of different departments including but not limited to: information technology, mechanical engineering, and mechatronics engineering.
As professionals, we must all uphold our code of ethics in the same manner. Once you have completed this presentation, please sign the provided agreement form to confirm that you agree to and understand the aforementioned terms and code of ethics and return the document to your human resources representative. Be honest and impartial, serving with fidelity the public, their employers, and clients. When dealing with personal information of clients and companies, be respectful and do not share information. It is very important to make sure that the ones who are authorized to have access to secure information are also keeping that information to themselves and not using it in any unacceptable manner.
Leave your personal biases out of business matters
Recognize that when using designs or ideas supplied by a client the designs or ideas remain the property of the client and should not be duplicated for others without express permission from the owner Strive to increase the competence and prestige of the profession. Keep my personal knowledge up-to-date and insure that proper expertise is available when needed.
Share my knowledge with others and present factual and objective information to management to the best of my ability.
Not take advantage of the lack of knowledge or inexperience on the part of others.
Accept full responsibility for the work that I perform. Consider environmental factors when making decisions
The cheapest solution may not be the most environmentally friendly
Keep in mind how 'reversable' the project is Thunderbird School of Business' President Ángel Cabrera speaks on the importance of having an Oath of Honor or Standard of Practice. fkgsjfklgjdk