Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Fiber
There is a bad side and good side to Fiber.
The bad side to Fiber is that if you have to much you would get abdominal cramps, and can cause several health problems. Some are embarrassing and uncomfortable side effects. Others can lead to serious health issues. The good side to fiber is that if you eat fiber it will help you loose weight, reduce cholesterol, one of the main purpose of fiber is to reduce constipation, and is healthy for you because you have to eat fruits, vegetables, and grains.
Are there warnings about Fiber?
Facts about Fiber
1. Meat and Diary products doesn't have any fiber.
2. Fiber can lower the risk of Prostate cancer progression, and can decrease levels of testosterone, which helps decrease tumor growth.
3. Fiber has protective effects against breast cancer.
4. Fiber is sometimes referred to as "nature's broom" because it helps "clean out" the intestinal tract.
5. To determine how much fiber a child needs each day, take their age and divide it by 10.
6. Fruit and vegetables juices have less Fiber than whole fruit and vegetables because the skin is removed to make this juice.
What is Fiber: Hsph.harvard.edu
How does Fiber contribute to our health: http://www.diabetes.ca/diabetes-and-you/healthy-living-resources/diet-nutrition/fibre
Good side to Fiber: http://authoritynutrition.com/why-is-fiber-good-for-you/
Bad side for Fiber: http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/6-health-risks-of-eating-too-much-fiber.html#b
Warnings about Fiber: http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/6-health-risks-of-eating-too-much-fiber.html#b
Facts about Fiber: http://facts.randomhistory.com/fiber-facts.html
Foods we need for Fiber: http://www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org/fiber-in-fruits-and-vegetables
How does Fiber contribute to our health?
Fiber contributes to our health by making us more healthier. Fiber is important for your overall health by:
Controlling blood glucose
Managing blood pressure
Reducing blood cholesterol
Increasing the feeling of being full
Fiber is a type of carbohydrate that the body can't digest. Some carbohydrates are broken down into sugar molecules, but Fiber can't be broken down into sugar molecules, instead it passes through the body undigested. Fiber helps regulate the body's use of sugars by helping to keep blood sugar and hunger in check.
Yes, there are warnings about fibers. The warning is that you can't eat a lot of fiber. Health risks if you eat to much fiber: cramps, diarrhea, constipation, intestinal gas, and intestinal blockage.
The foods we need are: fruits, vegetables, and grains.
Fruits: Apples, Blackberries, Pear, Raspberries, Bananas, Kiwifruit, Oranges, and etc.
Vegetables: Lentils, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Spinach, Onions, and etc.
Other ways to get Fiber:
Eat whole fruits instead of drinking fruit juices.
Snack on raw vegetables instead of chips, crackers, or chocolate bars.
Substitute beans or legumes for meat two to three times per week in chili and soups
Foods we need to eat to get Fiber