Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Housekeeping department: Relationship between other departments
Transcript of Housekeeping department: Relationship between other departments
Housekeeper job description
THANK YOU For all your ATTENTIONS
Housekeeper job description
Relationship between Housekeeping and other departments
. A Housekeeper will usually have at least one or two chamber maids working under his/her control
It is the Housekeeper’s responsibility to make sure that everything in the hotel is working as it should be and to report to management if there is anything amiss. There are often opportunities in larger hotels for workers to advance to the position of executive housekeeper, which is better paid. Although qualifications are not usually necessary, previous experience in hospitality is essential and good management skills are also required.
Cleaning your room, removing garbage, washing bathrooms and replacing toiletries; this is the responsibility of a Housekeeper. Often they work as a part of a team to cover the hundreds of rooms in a hotel. They are coordinated and have deadlines to get their jobs done. They are expected to be meticulous and thorough.
There are different categories of housekeepers. This includes floor housekeepers, room attendants, linen room staff, or housekeeping assistants. As these professionals use a lot of cleaning supplies they are integral in keeping costs at a minimum. Housekeepers have to be very flexible as they work odd hours.
A Housekeeper usually performs many of the following tasks:
• Cleaning rooms
• Following health and safety guidelines
• Preparing work schedules
• Reporting lost or found items
• Training new staff
•Using chemicals and cleaning agents
• Using room checklists/sheets
The maintenance department is responsible for the provision of engineering facilities that contribute to the comfort of guest and increase the efficiency of staff. The housekeeping department depends on maintenance to keep things in order. While carrying out their schedule work, housekeeping employee may find some deficiencies in the hotel facilities, such as faulty electric plugs, dripping faucets, leaking pipes, or malfunctioning air-conditioning units or WC cisterns. The housekeeping department often takes the first steps in maintenance functions for which the maintenance is ultimately responsible. How ever, these deficiencies and faults should be immediately reported to maintenance. A need for urgent repairs is reported to maintenance over telephone and these requests are usually dealt with promptly if the rapport between the two departments is good.
Presenting to AJ Nittaya
Saturday, May 10, 2014
By Mary Four Ying
Coordination with Front Office
Relationship between Housekeeping and other departments
job description and standard operation procedure of house keeping
Coordination with Security
Rooms are of chief concern to the front office and housekeeping departments. It is important for the departments to continuously exchange information on room status. The front office must provide lists for expected arrivals and departures for the day in advance, and notify housekeeping of actual arrivals and departures as and when they occur. The front office is not allowed to assign guestrooms until the rooms have been cleaned, inspected and released by the housekeeping department
The coordination here is mainly concerned with the prevention of fire and thefts and the safekeeping of keys and lost property. There are so many security hazards on the floor that this liaison is particularly important and housekeeper cooperates by endeavoring to see that housekeeping staff are aware of the hazards. Housekeeping personnel should also report anything of a suspicious nature immediately to the security staff. However, a guest may take advantage of this privacy and may be engaged in certain illegal activities such as gambling, smuggling and so on. Housekeeping personnel have to be alert to this risk and seek the security department’s intervention if necessary. The security department is responsible for conducting training sessions on handling emergency situations for the staff. For example, they conduct fire drills to train staff to gear up in a fire emergency.
So WHAT are The Guest Expectations
The food and beverage department consist of both the service staff as well as the kitchen staff. The coordination of housekeeping with the restaurants and banquet halls is mainly concerned with the provision of linen and uniforms. The linen room supervisor, under the supervision of the executive housekeeper, needs to have sufficient stock of clean napery to meet the demands of the F & B department’s restaurant and banquet function. On his/her part, the restaurant manager should ensure that the time set for the exchange of linen is respected; that linen is not lost or misused; and that intimation of forthcoming banquet function is conveyed to housekeeping well in advance. Beside extra/special linen, housekeeping may also have to arrange for flower decorations for banquet.
Coordination with Food and Beverage Department
Coordination with Personnel Department
Housekeeping coordinates with the personnel department for recruitment of housekeeping staff, managing their salaries and wages, addressing indiscipline, following through grievance procedures, issuing identity cards for employee, running induction program, maintaining locker facilities, completing income tax formalities, effecting transfers, promotions, appraisals, and exit formalities, procuring trainees and organizing training sessions.
Coordination with Purchase Department
The purchase department procures out-stock items for housekeeping, such as guest supplies and amenities, stationery, linen, cleaning materials and equipment, and so on. Housekeeping should convey their requirement to purchase by way of advance notice in the form of a purchase requisition.
Coordination with Stores
Coordination with stores ensures the availability of day-to-day necessities of housekeeping. Larger hotels have a store attached to the housekeeping department that stock linen, supplies and so on. Smaller hotels may stock them in the general store, except for linen, which is sent to the housekeeping department on purchase. Communication with stores is by way of a requisition form, which housekeeping sends to stores when it requires certain items.
1. Before reporting to Housekeeping office, you are requested to wear uniform with name badge.
2. Showered, clean sort hair, shaved (Female: if hair to long to shoulder, it must be tied back off the face).
Nails are to be clean and short (Female; with only clear or very pale nail polish and always wear all make-up in
3. The only jewelry you may wear is a watch, one ring, (Female: small earrings).
4. Only plain black shoes may be worn and black socks, preferable in the style recommended. Female to wear light brown stockings.
5. Report on duty in HSKP office, and sign in on time.
6. Collect your worksheet, and check if no mistake, check if VIP in house and VIP arrivals are indicated and sign for your Key Card. Keys place with Key Pouch by the Pocket before leaving Housekeeping Office.
7. Collect cleaning baskets with cleaning cloth, check if basket is complete and napkins are sufficient. Go direct to your assigned floor.
9. Once there, check your equipment and trolley with linen and guest supplies.
10. Clean the corridor, ashtrays and elevator door.
11. Check and dust vacant rooms, and ensure that room status is correct with ROOM STATUS REPORT.
12. Make sure that you finish above tasks at 8:40.
13. Move your service trolley and vacuum cleaner out from the pantry, then start to clean “VD” and “OD”.
14. Lock the pantry door and remember guest supplies are very expensive.
15. Start to clean room at 9o according to order of priority.
-Early request cleaning of occupied rooms
Check-out rooms blocked for VIP or early arrivals
-Interval service of other check-out and occupied rooms