Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of South Africa
By: Logan Mechler
Gold;main trading nations are Europe and the United States
Diamond; going to jewelry stores
Salt;Saltcor is established as a leading producer of Industrial, Agricultural and Household salt for the South Africa
Gold sales still account for nearly 60 percent of foreign earnings
The global diamond industry employs some 10 million people directly and indirectly all over the world, including Africa
about 130 heart attacks and 240 strokes occur daily in South Africa because of high blood pressure from salt
Gold; Gold is not really 'consumed' in the sense that it doesn't get used up, but its demand runs at about 3,800 tons per year
Diamonds; The process that brings diamonds to consumers are: exploration, mining, sorting, cutting & polishing, jewelry manufacturing, and retailing
Salt; People are consuming too much salt and getting high blood pressure
Gold;The most important industrial use of gold is in the manufacture of electronics.
Salt; 95.4% of households use salt regularly
Population; 51.2 million
Economic growth suffered in 2012 from social fighting and euro crisis
The unemployment rate remained above 25% in the final months of 2012
1. world’s leader with nearly 90% of all the platinum metals on earth and around 41% of all the world’s Gold
2.General Motors South Africa is the only place outside of the USA to build the Hummer H3
3. South Africa is the second largest exporter of fruit in the world
4. South Africa has the cheapest electricity in the world
5. Ranked 25th largest GDP in the world