Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Memory & Organizational Strategies
Transcript of Memory & Organizational Strategies
Show! Don't Tell!
Be the Model!
Note-Taking & Reading Apps
Can you identify the Memory Strategies already discussed this year?
Provide an organizer: summarize & organize
Set learning & behavior expectations
Explain how to use additional resources
Simplify instructions, choices, schedule
Be predictable--Structure, Consistency
Support student's participation!
Assess student performance often
Probe for answers and give sufficient time to answer (min 15 sec)
Help students correct mistakes
Help them focus
Support Your Students!
What You Should Do
Using Bloom's Taxonomy to Scaffold Questions
Also may want to explore
Talking Word Processors
Look into programs that combine text & pictures
Review--State your purpose--Present Info
Guided Practice--Independent Practice
BREAK IT DOWN
HELP & GUIDE
LET THEM EXPLORE
HELP THEM REFLECT
ASSESS THEIR LEARNING