Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Chapter 3 - Section 2 - Kingdoms and Captivity
Transcript of Chapter 3 - Section 2 - Kingdoms and Captivity
Falls to the Babylonians
Kingdoms and Captivity Time-Line
The Philistines invaded
The Israelites faced the Philistines.
The Israelites choose
Saul as their first king.
The Israelites fought the Philistines again. The Philistines loosened their control.
King David drove the Philistines
out of the Israelite territory.
David won control of Jerusalem and made it his capital.
Solomon becomes the
third King of Israel
He formed new trade alliances. He built a famous Temple in Jerusalem.
King of Israel.
The Northern tribes refused to pay the high taxes
Israel split in to 2 parts
The Assyrians forced
Israel and Judah to
The kingdom of Israel ends
Babylonia and captured Jerusalem.
Judah's leaders resisted Nebuchadnezzar so
the Babylonians destroyed Solomon's Temple and
took thousands of jews
Sustained - their religion
Messiah - waited for their king
Cyrus freed the
Jew rebuilt Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem
Prophets - had a special ability to interpret God's word.