Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
make up sterilization
Transcript of make up sterilization
The history of gamma irradiation goes back around 1895.
In 1963 the first gamma irradiator in the U.S was installed in New Jersey and used for a medical device.
Radiation sterilization is the cleaning of consumer products. The radiation sterilization process is bioburden based, as opposed to overkill.
It is predictable and repeatable
Though a radioactive metal is used, the process doesn't leave a radioactive residue
A simple, highly reliable process
Can treat a wide range of products
Isotope and type of radiation
Isotope: Cobalt 60
Radiation: It goes through gamma radiation. The gamma sterilization process uses cobalt 60 radiation to kill microorganisms on a variety of different products. It is ideal for many materials.
jaydn summervill p.3 jensen
High levels of gamma ray exposure
Trained operator is required
Can alter DNA
Isotope mass: 59.93
Balanced equation: 60Ni + e + energy
Proper disposal of all supplies
experienced worker training
special procedures and supervision