Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Marijuana
No medical report has ever been reported to prove this as true
Myth is based off of an experiment done on Rheusus monkeys.
The monkeys were pumped full of marijuana smoke continulously with no breaks to breathe.
Thus brain cell loss was due to lack of oxygen No scientific study has ever proven this to be true.
Based off of an expirement using Rhuesus Monkeys
Monkeys were pumped full of marijuana smoke continuously
Thus brain cells died due to lack of oxygen not marijuana FALSE! Marijuana is a gateway drug. False! Marijuana does not cause people to use hard drugs.
With marijuana being the most used drug in the United States, of course users of less popular drugs like heroine and cocaine have also tried marijuana
This myth is based solely off of skewed statistics
1 out of 104 marijuana users use cocaine. less than one use heroine. Marijuana Kills! False! Marijuana has been proven to be safer than alcohol and cigarettes. Medicinal Purposes Cancer The American Association for Cancer Research has found that marijuana actually works to slow down tumor growth in the lungs, breasts, and brain considerably. Seizures Marijuana is a muscle relaxant and has“antispasmodic” qualities
These qualities have been proven very effective against seizures Glaucoma Marijuana’s treatment of glaucoma has been one of the best documented
There isn’t a single valid study that exists that disproves marijuana’s very powerful and popular effects on glaucoma patients. A medical use of marijuana has been to lower intraocular pressure (IOP) in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG).
- The Foundation of the American Academy of Opthamology Multiple Scelrosis Marijuana works to stop the neurological effects and muscle spasms that come from the fatal disease. Law Currently marijuana is completley illegal at the federal level. No medicinal marijuana
Can be arrested for possesing any amount
5 years for more than 20g Decriminalized
28.5 g = no jail
Legal in November? If convicted with a marjiuana charge,
that person can never apply for federal financial aid or loans for college.
Convicted murderers and sex offenders still can Legalize It! Multi-billion dollar industry! Make room in prisons for real criminals of violent crimes! shut down major violent drug dealers Medicinal Purposes California Florida