Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Study Skills Class
Transcript of Study Skills Class
What is the role of Study Skills class?
The Resource Teacher's Role is to ...
encourage student self-motivation & self-accountability
provide support to resource students and their general education teachers.
Typical Study Skills Class
1. Bell Work: Activity to review previously taught skill.
2. Instructional Lesson: 15-20 minutes, study skills strategy or content area re-teaching.
3. Student-Teacher Conference: students supported in managing assignments and working towards IEP goals through daily teacher-student conference (feedback & support).
4. Study Goal Work: students begin working on individual study goal(s), receiving assistance as needed.
Teacher availability in addition to study skills class:
Wednesday mornings during academic assistance ( 8:55 - 9:20 )
Contact the Teacher:
Please do not hesitate to contact me.
You know your child best. If you are seeing academic problems or concerns at home, then the sooner I know, the sooner we can work together on a solution.
With Ms. Borth
Study Skills Class
1. To provide resource students with
re-instruction in academic areas of reading,
writing, and math skills as noted on the IEP.
2. Provide direct instruction related to study skills:
active listening techniques
self awareness techniques & self-advocacy skills
retention & memory techniques
3. Provide students support with assigned tasks:
management & planning
additional explanation or re-teaching
monitor & facilitate student work towards goals focused on within their Individual Education Plan (IEP).
oversee your child’s general education program.
partner with students in brainstorming & problem solving
monitor missing work
By appointment (arranged in class or by e-mail [firstname.lastname@example.org])
Check Teacher Website:
You can leave a message for me in the office at (520) 209-8200