Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Marketingfacts updates: E-mailmarketing and Marketing Intelligence
Transcript of Marketingfacts updates: E-mailmarketing and Marketing Intelligence
First news mail groups per product to colleagues
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.”
Internal tailormade news system
'Opt-in' pilot external
'Opt out' 4000 customers
80% still subscribed
Scientific research University of Tilburg
Metals wholesaler (plates, tubes etc.)
Valkenswaard (Eindhoven), Netherlands
660 employees in Netherlands, 440 in sister companies
Turnover about € 800 mln
Differentiation strategy for 70 years: no competition on price
Goal of MCB's Market Intelligence System: know what companies do before their manager knows
Political/ law Developments
MCB's Intelligence Scope
MCB's Intelligence Process
MCB's Market Mail Timeline
Tailor made news mails/ RSS/ Twitter
"Manager plans, organizes, coordinates and controls, and needs a dashboard" (management information system)
"Managers go through the day consuming managementinformation through 'infosnacks' that are fed to them"
76 twitter accounts, one per subject
Why send daily news to customers?
- Goodwill/ 'Brand Butler'
- Better customer = better for MCB
- Top of mind
1000+ sources each 15 minutes
- Opt-out subscription of 4000 customers
- News profile based on products they buy and sectors they work in
- Announced, low threshold to unsubscribe
- 80% (3200) customers still want a mail each day
Two causes of higher customer loyalty through tailormade market news:
Better 'thought leadership' image of MCB
1 FTE, 2 persons