Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Finding Jobs - Getting Jobs
Transcript of Finding Jobs - Getting Jobs
Getting the Job
Jobs are Found
in many ways
and many places
Other parents at your kid's school
Job Hunting is Serious Work!
Plan on 3 - 5 hours a day!
looking for jobs
tweaking resume to fit job
applying on line
checking your e-mail
working with Career Services
Somebody read your resume
and liked it.
What happens next?
More than half of employers will google you.
detour to Facebook
toss resume in trash...
Don't forget to expect:
Now comes the Phone Test
You passed the Google Test
What does your
voice mail say?
Things to Find Out:
Answer that Call
1. Who will be I interviewing with?
2. Where will the interview be?
3. Phone number and who to call if I can't make it to the interview?
Umm, who is this?
Did ya ah, call me?
WRITE IT DOWN!
2. Clothes: professional/clean/pressed/fit well
1. Driving time/directions
3. Materials organized and ready to go
padfolio or notebook
copies of your resume
Prepare for the basics and practice
Tell me about yourself?
Why do you want to work here?
What made you decide to go into this field?
Why should we hire you?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Expect Behavioral Questions Too:
Can you think of a time when.........
Tell me how you handled ___________ type of situation?
What would you do if .............?
take time to think before answering
The interview starts in the parking lot
stay on topic/don't ramble
Demonstrate knowledge of the field
Think before answering
Let them know you really want the job
Ask about salary or benefits
Wear perfume / cologne
Have your cell phone on
Thank You Note
for the interview
Behavioral Questions assess your Character and your Soft Skills
Strong Work Ethic
Good Communication Skills
Ability to Accept and Learn from Criticism
Problem Solving Skills
Works Well under Pressure
100 job applications, on average = 2 to 4 interviews!
IN TODAY'S MARKET:
Two More Things to Remember
1. Career Services is here to help
when you get stuck
2. You will get asked to complete a
Graduate Satisfaction Survey