Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
4/8 Mr. Potato Head Activity
Transcript of 4/8 Mr. Potato Head Activity
You have 5 minutes to quietly complete the following your on Smart Start sheet.
1. An individual has the genotype Hh for a particular trait. Is this individual homozygous dominant, heterozygous or homozygous recessive? How do you know (one complete sentence)?
2. The dominant allele for eye shape is R round. The recessive allele for eye shape is r for oval. What would the genotype of a person who is homozygous recessive be? What is their phenotype?
Students will APPLY their knowledge of dominant and recessive traits to CREATE a Mr. or Mrs. Potato head exhibiting the correct phenotype based on its genotype.
Objective: Students will APPLY their knowledge of dominant and recessive traits to CREATE a Mr. or Mrs. Potato head exhibiting the correct phenotype based on its genotype.
Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head
UNIT 5: Genetics
You and your elbow partner will be creating a Mr. or Mrs. Potato head with particular traits based on their inherited genetics. You will select the inherited traits for your potato by flipping a coin and draw a Mr./Mrs Potato head with his/her inherited phenotype based on their genotype.
This assignment will be worth 20 classwork points and will be collected at the end of class.
1. Flip a coin to determine if your Potato head received a dominant or recessive allele from their mother. Heads is dominant, tails is recessive.
2. Flip a coin to determine if your Potato head received a dominant or recessive allele from their father.
Record inherited alleles in genotype column
3. Using the table, record the phenotype for each of Mr. Potato’s genotypes
4. Draw Mr./Mrs. Potato Head with his/her inherited traits on your worksheet