Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
4/8 Mr. Potato Head Activity
Transcript of 4/8 Mr. Potato Head Activity
You have 5 minutes to quietly complete the following your on Smart Start sheet.
1. An individual has the genotype Hh for a particular trait. Is this individual homozygous dominant, heterozygous or homozygous recessive? How do you know (one complete sentence)?
2. The dominant allele for eye shape is R round. The recessive allele for eye shape is r for oval. What would the genotype of a person who is homozygous recessive be? What is their phenotype?
Students will APPLY their knowledge of dominant and recessive traits to CREATE a Mr. or Mrs. Potato head exhibiting the correct phenotype based on its genotype.
Objective: Students will APPLY their knowledge of dominant and recessive traits to CREATE a Mr. or Mrs. Potato head exhibiting the correct phenotype based on its genotype.
Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head
UNIT 5: Genetics
You and your elbow partner will be creating a Mr. or Mrs. Potato head with particular traits based on their inherited genetics. You will select the inherited traits for your potato by flipping a coin and draw a Mr./Mrs Potato head with his/her inherited phenotype based on their genotype.
This assignment will be worth 20 classwork points and will be collected at the end of class.
1. Flip a coin to determine if your Potato head received a dominant or recessive allele from their mother. Heads is dominant, tails is recessive.
2. Flip a coin to determine if your Potato head received a dominant or recessive allele from their father.
Record inherited alleles in genotype column
3. Using the table, record the phenotype for each of Mr. Potato’s genotypes
4. Draw Mr./Mrs. Potato Head with his/her inherited traits on your worksheet