Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Arizona Assurance Scholars: On Mentoring
Transcript of Arizona Assurance Scholars: On Mentoring
Supports you to be successful in college.
Helps you solve 'problems'. Last step Start (cc) image by nuonsolarteam on Flickr Arizona Assurance
Matters Dr. Lunsford
firstname.lastname@example.org Mufasa mentors Simba
(The Lion King) Oprah mentored Dr. Phil Merckx mentored Armstrong 1) Getting to know your mentor.
Put your best foot forward
Share your ‘story’
Ask for their ‘story’
Ask questions & show interest Spending Time Together
Plays out differently for students and mentors.
Meet Regularly –
Calendar at 1st meeting
Formal settings: office or lab
Informal settings:– coffee, meals, local events or Tucson activities
TWO REQUIRED MEETINGS PER SEMESTER
Recommend monthly: Aug/Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec
Jan/Feb, March, April, May Ask about research & get involved.
Shadow a class or activity.
Ask for connections related to your major. FIGURING IT OUT
Ask for help on deciding your interests
Bounce ideas off mentor. GOAL: September
Set a plan for your meetings
Semester or Year Stay in touch!
Email or in-person update yearly.
Maybe it does't work out -
Talk to AA staff 1. How can I get to KNOW my mentor?
2. How can I get the MOST from my relationship with my mentor?
3. How can I ADD my mentor to my network? 1. Strong start to the relationship.
2. Meet regularly
Learn about your profession or career
3. Keep in touch
Add your mentor to your "network"
Recognize every relationship has bumps - but contact AA staff if yours isn't getting started. Questions? This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/.