Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Concerto Grosso
Grosso BAROQUE Bach's Brandenburg Concerto in D Major
Mvt. III Contains 3 main sections and usually has three movements
( fast, slow, fast). solo solo tutti The first movement of a concerto grosso is always in Ritornello form.
(Ritornello means return) The Ritornello is a main theme or idea which repeats!
Each time it repeats, it is played by the whole orchestra (continuo, ripieno and concertino) tutti What instruments are playing the Concertino? Listen out for the Ritornello form in 'Spring' from Vivaldi's Four Seasons! Is the music in simple or compound time? TIMBRE Listen to the contrast between the solo violin and the ensemble! This work is called
“Spring.” Do you
hear any sounds that might suggest this
season of the year? Ritornello theme