Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Daphne Odjig
By: Tinesha Latchmiah
Who is Daphne Odjig?
is a Canadian First Nation artist of
Birthday: September 11, 1919 (age 96)
Lived With: Grandfather
Who is she again?: Aboriginal Artist
1973;Professional Native Indian Artists Association!
Canada, USA, Belgium, Japan, Europe...
Daphne had an unknown illness which caused her to withdraw from school at the age of 12.
Characteristics of Daphne Odjig's Art
Legends, joys and realities of Aboriginal life.
curving contours enclosed in black outlining
overlapping of shapes
Moment of Commitment
Collection of Stan Somerville, Westbank, BC.
Acrylic on Canvas
Collection of Clifford & Louise Harris, North Vancouver.
Acrylic on canvas
National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa
About "Moment of Commitment"
Elements/Principles: warm colours (and blue), curvy lines, emphasis on the people, feels like everything is where it is suppose to be, and contrast between the image with the people (dark colours) and the background (light colours).
Other: Worth ~$12,000