Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
LA Crash: Loneliness and Isolation
Transcript of LA Crash: Loneliness and Isolation
Rick: - often shown with his assistant
Jean: - bored looking for the house
- needs the carjacking to realize that she is
frustrated about her lonely life
Always argur when they are together
difficult to evaluate
sobriety test causes some crisis between them
that are not resolved until the end of the movie
Cameron: after suffering racial discrimination in two
days his hidden aggression reveals
Christin: thinks that Cameron let her down during the
Most of the other characters seem to be single
Ryan: lives with his father
has to bump into Christine for a second time to be
touched and think about his life
CONTRAST: - Daniels family: love and tendernes
plays a big role
SETTING: - set in winter emotional coldness
All Characters are lonely and isolated, they miss that touch and only experience it when they get in to a disaster.
Louis: - lives alone can't manage her own life
- neither of her sons really care about her
Peter: - hides because he doesn't want to be caught by
Graham: - upsets his mother on purpose
- only checks up on her because of Rias criticism
- surpressed feelings come out after his brother
has been killed
Peters death widens the gap between Graham and
"It's that sense of touch. Any real city, you walk, you brush past people, people bump into you. In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind that metal and glass. Think we miss that touch so much, we crash into each other just so we can feel something."
Thanks for your