Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Motivation: Monkey Wrenches and Grease
Transcript of Copy of Motivation: Monkey Wrenches and Grease
Draw yourself teaching.
The wheel within the wheel: students
things that make your job easier, your day run smoother, your mood a little lighter
Research say that the Top 3 Reasons people become teachers are:
First, is the need for stimulation; the need for an absorbing career and the desire for creativity.
Second, is the ability to influence others, and the others include parents, spouses and other teachers, not just pupils.
Third, are the psychological motivations focused on the needs and desires for authority, "children's love, to entertain people and to be in a field that is not competitive" (Joseph and Green, 1986:29).
the reason or reasons
one has for acting or behaving in a
motivation based on taking pleasure in an activity rather working towards an external reward.
Thompson (1998) says, “The most powerful weapon available to secondary teachers who want to foster a favorable learning climate is a positive relationship with our students” (p. 6).
Research on teacher expectations and student achievement has shown that expectations have a dramatic impact on student academic performance (Kerman, Kimball, &
Frustration and stress, which are inevitable in the teaching profession, are the great enemies of our best intentions.
Frustration can have a devastating effect on teacher-student relationships.
As an educator, the question is not
if you will become frustrated or stressed, but when and how you will deal with it.
Presented by Stacey Duke and Zuzana Krchova
Side 2: How do you measure success?
Teacher Dos and Don't s List
Thank you for your time, attention and participation.
• Meet the deadlines
• Ask for and give feedback
• Be demanding
• Have a sense of humor and show it also to your students
• Provoke students‘ curiosity - that is a great motivational factor
• Challenge your students
• Explain why you ask students to do things you require from them.
• Don’t buy cheap popularity
• Do not just say but show you care.
• Do not treat students differently based on personal likes and dislikes
• Don’t gossip and complain about other teachers