Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Islamic Achievements
Islamic architects borrowed heavily from the Byzantine Empire which used domes and arches extensively throughout their cities.
Muslims also made advancements in the field of pharmacology (the study of drugs and medicines). They experimented with the medical effects of various herbs and other drugs, and familiarized themselves with anesthetics (pain reliever) used in India.
Muslims built the first observatory as a scientific institution in the 13th century. They used these to study the movements of the stars and other heavenly bodies.
The world's oldest degreeissuing university, AlKaraouine, was established in Fez in 859CE and the first full university, Al Azhar, opened in Cairo in 975 CE.