Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Intersections of Oppression
Transcript of Intersections of Oppression
Ableism Activity Consider this... African American
Low socioeconomic status White
Heterosexual If they are both the victim of a hate crime,
how might their decision to report be
impacted by their respective identities? How do the forms of oppression intersect? Historic examples...
Civil Rights/Women's Movement
Other? Closing thoughts Due to the complexity of intersections,
we cannot fight one form of oppression
without addressing them all. We can all have an impact in
reducing the intersections of oppression...
but HOW? Creating awareness in spheres of influence
Not supporting negative portrayals of women of color
Activisms-respond to ads, letters to the editor
Internal attitudes-awareness and intentional redirection of oppressive thoughts You all are awesome!
Thanks so much! :)