Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Rock Layers: Timeline of Life on Earth
Transcript of Rock Layers: Timeline of Life on Earth
The Law of Superposition
-rocks are stacked in layers containing fossils with the oldest at the deepest layers and the youngest at the top. I've Had the Time of My Life Rock layers are like a vertical timeline of Earth's history.
This vertical timeline shows geologists which animals lived during which time periods. It's like an onion...
it has LAYERS Era Breakdown lasted 65 million years - Cenozoic Era
lasted 185 million years - Mesozoic Era
lasted 300 million years - Paleozoic Era
Geologists have grouped the thousands of layers in the Earth's crust into major categories. The three most recent groups are Paleozoic, Mesozoic, and Cenozoic Eras.
These layers represent the last 500 million years on Earth!