Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CMIN 101 (Fa '16) T17a - Share the Invitation to Salvation
Transcript of CMIN 101 (Fa '16) T17a - Share the Invitation to Salvation
Becoming a Child of God
What contrasts do you see in these few verses?
- John 1:9-13
Which of the six elements of Jesus' style of invitation do you feel characterizes your approach to helping other people move further in their spiritual journey?
I issue a progressively deeper invitations
in conversations with nondisciples.
I make it clear that I want people to discover
a relationship, not a religion.
I invite people to come practice the Way of Jesus with me.
I try to be very considerate, giving people freedom to say no.
I communicate with some intensity the
value of a relationship with Christ.
I don't give up in the face of a few noes.
- made the whole world - people didn’t know him
- came to his own - most own people didn’t receive him
- through Jesus we gain a
as children of God
9 The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. 11 He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. 12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
Which promise is given here?
- born (not made) - same kind
How to Share the Invitation to Salvation
Study John 1:35-42 and answer the following questions:
1) How do people meet Jesus?
2) What brings them closer to Jesus?
3) And what do you think is necessary (prerequisite) for
inviting people to Jesus?
- some come to Jesus because they have heard something about
- some come to Jesus because they were invited by relatives or
Question (Reading Response)
1) Do you remember someone inviting you to meet
Jesus? What were your initial thoughts?
2) Is there ever a time when you should step away from trying
to reach someone and show them the path to salvation.
3) How do we invite someone to Christianity if he/she has not
heard about Jesus? If they do not know Jesus from the Bible,
do we have to lay out all the details from the beginning?
4) Should we also evangelize those who know God but they
are still doing the sin stuff?
5) How can we share the invitation of salvation to the Governor
of Guam that will make him come to the point and open up