Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Antonomasia
It's basically a name change. In literature, it is often used to give a character a name that can refer to their purpose in the novel.
It is also provides extra information on a character's personality
It allows the reader to get a better understanding of the character and the messages the author is trying to convey through them Related Terms: Works Cited Periphrasis: the substitution of a descriptive word or phrase for a proper name
Circumlocution: to "talk around" something, usually by supplying a descriptive phrase in place of a name "antonomasia." Silva Rhetoricae: The
Forest of Rhetoric. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Sept. 2012
"Antonomasia - HihiWiki." derekmueller.net.
N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Sept. 2012
"The King of Pop"
"The Dark Knight" Effects/Purpose