Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Antonomasia
It's basically a name change. In literature, it is often used to give a character a name that can refer to their purpose in the novel.
It is also provides extra information on a character's personality
It allows the reader to get a better understanding of the character and the messages the author is trying to convey through them Related Terms: Works Cited Periphrasis: the substitution of a descriptive word or phrase for a proper name
Circumlocution: to "talk around" something, usually by supplying a descriptive phrase in place of a name "antonomasia." Silva Rhetoricae: The
Forest of Rhetoric. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Sept. 2012
"Antonomasia - HihiWiki." derekmueller.net.
N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Sept. 2012
"The King of Pop"
"The Dark Knight" Effects/Purpose