Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Tsunami
This is a video of a Tsunami in Asia.
How earthquakes cause Tsunami's
-Energy is transformed and creates a wave.
- As the wave get's closer to show it gets bigger in size.
- Most tsunami's come in as very fast tides, not normal breaking waves.
- Tsunami's produce series of rushing waves and withdrawals.
- Tsunami's are often compared with the speed of a jet.
- cause casualties and injuries
- they destroy lives and properties by huge impact of water
- series of rushing waves
- thousands of houses destroyed
How It Ocurrs
Majority of Tsunami are as a result of a earthquake.
After an earthquake, the energy is transformed and creates a wave.
As the wave gets closer to the shore, it increases in size.
Most tsunami's are just very fast tides, not normal breaking waves.
Tsunami's produce series of waves and withdrawals.
Where They Occur
By Jessica, Emily and Billie
: Most tsunamis in the sea occur in the Pacific Ocean as it is located on a plate mostly made of water.
: Most tsunamis occur around the ring of fire. Another common place is on the boarder of Europe.
OH NO TSUNAMI IS COMING FOR ME!!!!