Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
THAT - WHICH
Transcript of THAT - WHICH
Give information about who or what you are talking about.
-Give additional information on something, but do not define it.
-Put in commas
-You can remove from the sentence without changing its basic meaning.
Defining relatives clauses
Image by Tom Mooring
THAT - WHICH
-Pronouns that introduce a relative clause.
Non-defining relative clauses.
*Give detailed information - general term or expression.
*Not put commas
*We use ''THAT''
lives in New York is named Paola.
Professor James, who is an expert in Victorian poetry, will be giving a lecture tonight.
That book, which is the novel I was reading last week.
-Walden Pond, ______ was written in the mid-1800s, remains a popular book among romantic and individualistic Americans.
- Andrea prefers to watch movies ______ make her cry.
-He bought all the books ________ are required for the course.
-The answers, ________ you can find in the back of the book, are sometimes incorrect.
-She wanted to buy a scarf _______ would complement her blue eyes.