Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Heat/Thermal
1. Out of radiation, convection, and conduction which one DOESN'T have matter?
2. What travels through empty space?
3. As a gos or liqid wams and rises,or cools and falls,it creates what?
4. What is the tranfer of heat between substances that are in direct contact with each other.
5. Do all substances conduct heat at the same speed? Convection has matter
Convection is the movement of gases and liquids caused by heat transfer.
When a gas or liquid is heated, it warms, rises, and expands because it has less dense.
Liquid and gas becomes dense when it cools then it falls.
Gas and liquid create convection currents when it warms or rises, or when it cools and falls.
For example- Hot chocolate or coffee steaming Convection Conduction Radiation http://www.universetoday.com/82331/what-is-conduction/
http://www.edinformatics.com/math_science/how_is_heat_transferred.htm References Quiz for class! Convection
Radiation By: Kaylee and Kara Science! Conduction has matter
Conduction happens when molecules get heated and start to shake rapidly or fastly.
Conduction is the flow of thermal energy from a higher temperature to lower temperature through a substance.
Throughout this cycle, molecules pass heat to one another until they are all hot.
For example- A pot sitting on a burner Radiation doesn't have matter.
Electromagnetic waves transfer heat to objects when there in contact.
Empty space has electromagnetic waves traveling through it.
For example- The earth gets warmed from the radiation of electromagnetic waves in the sun.