Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Pediatric trauma resuscitation
Transcript of Pediatric trauma resuscitation
Jeffrey S. Upperman
CHLA ED Fellows
Los Angeles, CA
Advanced trauma life support resuscitation algorithm
Categories of shock, adapted from PALS, 2011, and ATLS, 2008
needs more study
administer a rapid bolus of 20 cc/kg of lactated Ringer's solution or 0.9% saline solution
urban vs rural?
It seems 3%S may be administered safely during pediatric critical transport and administration routes can include peripheral lines.
N = 101
Suggested transfusion practice in massive hemorrhage (adapted from Dehmer et al. with permission and modified from Barcelona et al.)
uhh...its in other talk...
one moment please
1. more studies needed
2. adhere to protocols
3. details matter
on behalf of my
AB, AM- 1987
AB, AM- 1987