Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
GTI: American Political System presentation
Transcript of GTI: American Political System presentation
Municipal: Mayor, city council, etc.
school board, etc.
parks & rec
"All politics is local" - Tip O'Neill
Governor: head of executive branch
General Assembly: state legislators
can override veto
can veto a bill
declare executive action unconstitutional
declare laws unconstitutional
How does the government pay for services?
Taxes: income, sales, property, etc.
Are taxes a good/bad thing?
Electoral college: red states vs. blue states
What does this mean for politicians running in an election?
Why is there such low voter turnout?
Source: George Mason University
What are the pros & cons with this system?
How do laws get passed?