Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
GTI: American Political System presentation
Transcript of GTI: American Political System presentation
Municipal: Mayor, city council, etc.
school board, etc.
parks & rec
"All politics is local" - Tip O'Neill
Governor: head of executive branch
General Assembly: state legislators
can override veto
can veto a bill
declare executive action unconstitutional
declare laws unconstitutional
How does the government pay for services?
Taxes: income, sales, property, etc.
Are taxes a good/bad thing?
Electoral college: red states vs. blue states
What does this mean for politicians running in an election?
Why is there such low voter turnout?
Source: George Mason University
What are the pros & cons with this system?
How do laws get passed?