Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Looking Out/Looking In-Ch. 3-Perception
Transcript of Looking Out/Looking In-Ch. 3-Perception
Perception: What you see is what you get The Perception Process 1st step: Selection 2nd step: Organization 3rd step: Interpretation 4th step: Negotiation Influences on Perception Physiological Influences The senses Age Health & Fatigue Hunger Biological Cycles Psychological Challenges Cultural Differences Social Roles Occupational Roles Relational Roles Tendencies in Perception Perception Checking
1. Describe the behavior you noticed.
2. Realize there are at least two possible
interpretations of the behavior.
3. Request for clarification of how to interpret
the behavior. Empathy - the ability to re-create another person's
perspective, to experience the world from the other's
point of view. Cognitive Complexity Position 1:
you're wrong. Position 3:
both wrong Position 4:
The issue isn't
important Position 2:
I'm wrong Position 5:
There's truth in
all perspectives http://www.empathybelly.org/