Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Adaptive Soldier Leader Training Education (ASLTE)
Transcript of Adaptive Soldier Leader Training Education (ASLTE)
Grow Problem Solving
Teach Soldiers to “learn for themselves” the skills
necessary to the success of their mission, within an
established framework of knowledge.
Develop intangible attributes like confidence,
accountability, initiative, judgment and awareness;
reinforce positive character traits.
Increase Understanding and Awareness
Teach through contextual understanding of the task
and its mission application.
Increase Deliberate Thought
Condition Soldiers to exercise always a deliberate
thought process (evaluation, judgment and decision)
while under controlled and increasing levels of stress.
Improve Combat Performance
Condition Soldiers to overcome the psychological and
physiological effects, and the physical requirements
Outcomes Based Learning
Key questions for creating an outcome statement:
Does the outcome clearly describe and define the expected abilities, knowledge and competencies of the graduate?
Is the outcome simply stated?
Is the outcome observable?
Is it focused on the Soldier; how they should BEhave, what they should KNOW, what they should be able to DO?
Course design begins with 2 questions:
What is the problem to be solved?
What does the operational Army need of a graduate?
Army Learning Model 2015
• Tailor learning to the individual learner’s experience and competence level
based on the results of a pretest and/or assessment.
• Use 21st century Soldier competencies as an integral part of all learning activity
outcomes; establish metrics and standards for each competency by cohort and
•Dramatically reduce or eliminate instructor-led slide presentation lectures and
begin using a blended learning approach that incorporates virtual and constructive
simulations, gaming technology, or other technology-delivered instruction.
•Create Problem solving events led by facilitators (vice instructors) who engage
learners to think and understand the relevance and context of what they learn.
• Integrate joint, interagency, intergovernmental, and multinational, culture, and
comprehensive fitness goals into all courses at the level and degree that fits the
• Establish a full spectrum frame of mind in all learners, while maintaining
flexibility to adapt learning content to meet operational demands.
Consider the knowledge, skills and
attributes the student acquires
from the course.
How is the student different at the
end of the course?
What 21st Century Soldier
Competencies can you expect to
observe over the span of the
Are there General Learning
Outcomes that could logically be
developed during the course?
21st Century Soldier Competencies
• Character and Accountability
• Comprehensive Fitness
• Adaptability & Initiative
• Lifelong Learner (includes digital literacy)
• Teamwork and Collaboration
• Communication and Engagement (oral, written, negotiation)
• Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
• Cultural and JIIM Competence
• Tactical and Technical Competence
Adaptive Soldier Leader Training and Education (ASLTE)
As a result of this instruction, what is different?
can the learner do?