Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Vera Brittain
& Dani Rodriguez Biography Summary of War Experiences To my Brother Poem Testament of Youth Poem Analysis - full name: Vera Mary Brittain
- Born on December 29 1893
- Died on March 29 1970
- Born in Newcastle - under-Lyme, Britain
- She was a British Writer, Journalist and Author Vera left Oxford University to become a VAD nurse, she nursed in England, Malta, and France.
She felt confused as a nurse during the war,
Because her job was to save lives of people who were out there to kill her loved ones ( Fiance, Brother and both of her really close friends ).
While nursing in France she realized that some of the men she was trying to help were German-prisoners of the war. Vera came to the conclusion that there was nothing "holy" or "just" about war. In the poem "To my Brother" By Vera Brittain
the first verse states that while her brother was fighting in the war, every time he got hurt physically it would internally hurt her.
In the second verse we think when she means the cross is a symbol of courage resembled as either a badge he won during the war or his tomb stone.
In the third verse, we think Vera is saying that even though
her brother may have won a badge during the war he still
had to endure all of the pain and suffering that came with it.
In the fourth verse, we think that Vera is saying that even though her brother has passed away she hopes that he will continue to stay brave in heaven. " There seem nothing left in the world, for I felt that Roland had taken with him all my future and Edward all my past". THANKS FOR WATCHING