Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Internet Censorship
In the US today we step closer and closer to becoming another censored nation. Even though it is not an official policy, the government still attempts to censor. The site 'WikiLeaks.org' was recently put under attack due to content they posted which was deemed classified by the government. Currently under debate is the topic of Net Neutrality, which is the concept of leaving the content of the web free to access or giving ISP's control over what their customers can and can't see, as well as many other serious issues involving the web.
Without Net Neutrality, web censorship is going to exist in our country today. Laws preventing businesses such as Comcast and Verizon from filtering your access based on their price plan or moral decisions will be banished.
The companies will gain control over what you can and can't see, thus giving the ISP's the ability to censor out all competition and limit access to only sites that pay to be included.