Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of New Hampshire
Founded by John Mason and Ferdinando Gorges
Founded in 1622
Region in New England
Puritans want to make churches more pure, as in "holy".
About 1563 AD some people in England decided that they wanted to follow a way of life that they thought would be "more according" to what the Christian God wanted. They called themselves "the godly" but other people called them Puritans.
The colony made money by ship building and because of poor soil and they could mostly raise corn, pumpkins, rye, squash, and beans.
more interesting facts
New Hampshire was the first to received the honer of being the first to vote for the declaration of independence.
Low coast hills, mountains, and plateaus
Thick trees , rivers and poor rocky soil that was hard to farm crops
Short summers leading to long cold winters but less diseases than warmer colonies
New Hampshire was the first to declare its independence from mother England.
and John Mason
John Mason was an English
army major who migrated to New England in 1632.
Fernando Gorges was an early English colonial businessman.