Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Tidal Energy
The tides that create tidal energy are
harnessed by different types of large machines.
Tidal generators, also known a turbines, work like
wind turbines but with the ocean's current.
Barrages essentially act like a dam in gathering
A device producing electricity is connected to the generator's spinning turbine.
Definition of tidal power (n)
1.electricity generation using tides: the generation of electricity using the force created by the rise and fall of ocean tides
What are the
of Tidal Energy?
Tidal energy is capable of providing electricity to many homes and businesses.
It is also used as an alternative to burning coal and oil in some areas.
Tides are very predictable, so it is easy to tell when they occur or how much energy they will create.
By: Celia Chacko and Tanu Singh
-Low operating costs
of Tidal Energy
-Device could break
-Changes in tidal movement
-Marine Life harmed
-High cost to install
-Reduced Sea Usage
How will Tidal Energy be used for the future?
-could turn out to be a provider of strategic energy
-offer opportunities to supply energy for rural areas
THANKS FOR WATCHING!!!